Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center (EMMC) has a unique opportunity for a Psychologist to join our Family Medicine Residency Program at the Center of Family Medicine in Bangor, Maine.
As a Psychologist working with the Family Medicine Residency Program you will be involved in training the next generation of primary care physicians and other providers at the Northern Light Family Medicine Center and Residency, while addressing health, mental health, and substance use in our patient panel of roughly 6000 patients. The behavioral medicine team is the keystone in the patient centered medical home primary care model focused on trauma informed cognitive behavioral therapy (TICBT) and narrative therapy (NT).
The ideal candidate will be a generalist practitioner who is energetic and interested in working within a multidisciplinary team along with the following:
- Interested in addressing health, mental health and substance abuse/use using evidence-based interventions
- Evidence of a practice history and philosophy that is generalist
- Open to a variety of referrals (though you may have areas of specialization)
- Believes in primary care behavioral health model of warm handoffs and short and longer-term therapy relationships
- Formal and Informal Education of Resident Physicians
- Scholarly Activity and Research
- Involvement in your professional associations and publishing
- Design and Evaluation of interventions
- Group and Individual Supervision
- Promoting the patient centered medical home/ primary care behavioral health model
- Involvement in regional and national associations and training (e.g. Balint, STFM, etc).
About the Residency program
Our 10-10-10 ACGME accredited residency program offers a "best of both worlds" place to teach and learn Family Medicine: a tertiary care, big-city size and quality hospital with an unopposed, rural medicine training focus, and leadership rooted in Family Medicine and heavily invested in the success of the program. Specialty clinics within our Family Medicine Residency
Clinic (Procedures, Skin Cancer, Gynecology, Colposcopy, Psychiatry, and Multidisciplinary Concussion Clinics)
Learn more about our Residency Program here: https://northernlighthealth.org/familymedicineresidency
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for Opiate Dependence
- Individual/ Group/ Family focused psychotherapy and psychoeducation
- Professional groups for the residents/ faculty (Balint and Support Groups)
- Medically focused individual and group therapy including palliative care
- Concussion Clinic
- Open Walk in Psychiatric Clinic
- Sports Medicine/ University Medicine at UMaine via Athletics/ Cutler/ Counseling Ctr
- Minimal Cognitive Impairment (MCI) recovery post hospitalization care
- ADHD Testing/ Montreal / RBANS Testing and evaluations r/t MCI and concussions
- Art Humanities and Medicine initiative
Bangor, Maine is a unique and vibrant small city with easy access to Maine's spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Our community has a wide array of urban amenities without the traffic or other frustrations of larger cities. Schools rank among New England's best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center, a member of Northern Light Health is a 411-bed, regional, tertiary care and level II trauma center serving more than 500,000 residents living in the northern two thirds of the State.
Northern Light Health offers the people of Maine a broad range of providers and services, including ten hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transportation.
For confidential consideration, please contact:
Kelsey Anderson, LCSW - Provider Recruiter Email: email@example.com