Maine Medical Partners, Portland, ME
Part Time, Days
Maine Medical Partners is seeking a Clinical Psychologist -Pediatric Specialty Care in Portland. This is a doctoral level position providing psychological assessments, consultations, and limited treatment, as indicated, as well as providing teaching to residents, medical students or others as directed by the division Director. The setting is an active and expanding Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics program, which is part of a multi-specialty pediatric group practice at the largest medical center in the state. The patient mix includes children from infancy through adolescence with Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, developmental and/or cognitive delays, learning disorders, mood and anxiety disorders, behavior problems, sleep disorders, encopresis, and other neurodevelopmental concerns.
· Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology or related field from an APA/CPA accredited university.
· Licensed or license-eligible as a Psychologist by the State of Maine. Current BLS.
· Prior experience working with pediatric patients at risk and/or diagnosed with neurodevelopmental disabilities. Training and experience in administering/scoring/interpreting cognitive, developmental, and psychodiagnostic assessment instruments including the ADOS-2. Specialized training/experience with assessment and treatment planning related to Autism Spectrum Disorder.
· Knowledge of diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders. Advanced study of mental health assessment practices, regulations, and laws relating to clinical psychology practice.
· Understanding of principles of legal documentation and medical release of information.
· Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring and interpretation.
· Knowledge of community mental health service delivery systems and other resources.
· Knowledge and skill in psychological and behavioral interventions.
· Skill in working with children with neurodevelopmental disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorder.
· Ability to work sensitively with variety of personalities.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with families, colleagues (e.g. physicians, psychologists, social workers, and other team members), community agencies, etc.
· Proficient computer skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
To apply, please click here or visit www.careersatmainehealth.org.
About Maine Medical Partners
Founded in 1995, Maine Medical Partners is Maine’s largest multi-specialty medical group, providing a wide range of primary, specialty and sub-specialty care through a network of more than 40 locations in and around Greater Portland. We pride ourselves on improving the health of our community through excellence in clinical care, education and research.
Coastal Maine’s breathtaking bays, ports and ocean beaches provide unique outdoor adventure experiences every season of the year. You can easily enjoy day trips to area towns, explore surrounding parks, hike, ski, swim, bike, sail, golf, or even canoe or kayak Maine’s beautiful rivers and lakes. Portland offers the best of urban sophistication combined with small town friendliness. Just two hours north of Boston, this is an exceptionally diverse and lively community.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.