The clinical psychotherapist provides individual, group, and family psychotherapy to a small caseload of young adults, who are residing in our program houses in Southern Maine. We are a boutique, private-pay, residential program that provides a suite of transitional support services to young adults, age 18 to 28, who fit the failure to launch profile. These are young adults who struggle with a mix of anxiety, depression, attention deficits, and learning issues that have interfered with their ability to live independently. We utilize a treatment team approach and provide them with support in the areas of education, executive functioning, life skills, wellness, and therapeutic work. Although we use an integrated therapeutic model, we do emphasize psychodynamic formulation as the basis for understanding our residents.
We are committed to providing exceptional therapeutic services and to this end, our clinicians participate in supervision, case conferences, and on-going trainings. In the last year our clinicians have participated in trainings in Mentalization Based Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and Transference Focused Psychotherapy. This is an exciting position that incorporates interesting clinical work and opportunities for study of varied clinical techniques. We also utilize an experiential therapy model that puts our clinical work in the context of activities.
- Provide individual, group, and family psychotherapy
- Complete diagnostic intakes on admission and discharge summaries on graduation
- Complete supportive clinical notes and treatment plans
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, and EXPERIENCE:
We are currently seeking exceptional clinicians with minimum 3 years of direct clinical experience working in mental health settings with adolescents and/or young adults. Our applicant should have a strong understanding of clinical work that includes experience and familiarity with varied theoretical interventions and modalities.
- Master’s degree or higher in psychology, counseling, social work, or a related field and active clinical license in the State of Maine.
- Three (3) years direct clinical experience, ideally working with young adults.
- Required to have dependable, inspected automobile, a valid driver's license, and automobile insurance, and ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Strong moral character, with demonstrated ability to be firm in principle and flexible in application. Demonstrated capacity to provide compassionate care to marginalized populations.
- Ability to represent the organization’s interests while maintaining professional presentation and mannerisms.
- Personal organizational habits that demonstrate both personal accountability and initiative. Fosters team effectiveness, accountability, and quality.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication/writing/editing skills, comfortable learning and applying new technologies, proficient in accessing/managing web-based applications and electronic record management systems.
Cornerstones of Maine provides a generous compensation package that includes base salary, performance bonuses, healthcare contribution, short term disability, long term disability, whole life insurance, term life insurance, paid time off, 401k with matching, professional development allowance, employee computer program, and more.
Cornerstones of Maine is a diversity inclusive program and is committed to enriching the therapeutic experience it offers through the diversity of our staff members. We seek to recruit and support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to the program's diversity of viewpoints. We encourage applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including people of color, staff with diverse gender identities, and individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to the mental health field due to exceptional talent and motivation in the face of adversity, such as societal, economic or academic disadvantages. Cornerstones of Maine maintains a collegial work environment. We pride ourselves on providing excellent services to our residents, while also creating a staff culture that is reflective of the environment we are setting in the home.
Apply at https://cornerstonesofmaine.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=20
If you have any questions, contact: Human Resources, Cornerstones of Maine, 800-588-6898, email@example.com